Sunday 23 April 2017

Childless; love surely conquers

Childless; love surely conquers

As I watch at him eat his food silently at the dining I can't help but wonder what's going on in his mind. It's been four years since we are married and I've not had a child for him. I remember how we have fought through barriers before we could get married. Him being a Muslim and me a Christian, nobody wanted us to marry but we were hopelessly in love and you love conquered all.

He is caring, and loves me as much as I love him. He keeps telling me he never married me to be a baby making machine. Though I believe him, I know deep down sooner or later he will bow to the pressure from his family and friends to take another wife. I want him to be happy, I want us to be happy, I want to hold a child and to stop been flooded by emotions whenever I hold other people's child.

I hated how our neighbour Iya bisi use to act whenever her kids her around me, she beat her child yesterday because she ate at my place, a barren witch I over heard call me. But is she to blame? If not me.

I must have been lost in my thoughts for his touch brought of me to back life, what's wrong; he asked . Nothing; I replied.  But he knows me more than myself, he could tell what I was thinking.You are thinking again, he said with a little anger in his voice. I said nothing.

Then he held my hand kissed it and told me with all sincerity,  Our love has won before, this time it won't be different. I melted and was rest assured.

No comments:

Post a Comment