Sunday 8 February 2015

My watch: The Social Media


My watch: The Social Media
  After the business of the day, i sank into my sofa, heaved a sigh of relief,  and with my phone at hand, I decided to surf through Facebook. The media dominating my news feed, on seeing how people commented on  political posts by the media, I couldn't help but observe the gullibility of Nigerians. My eyes have seen a lot on Facebook,  some abusing and cursing themselves on the basis of religion. While the politicians exploit our diversity, which we let them do anyway. We seem to be blinded by ethnicity and religion forgetting that we are one Nigerians.
   The new trend on Facebook is you seeing a post saying: God will surely surprise you with whatever you want in 30 minutes, if you type Amen to claim it, if not calamity will befall you. What nonsense!! The next thing is about 300 people commenting Amen. This even clearly cemented the gullibility of People. questions like God versus Satan if you want God to win comment Yes, one would expect no comment on that kind of post but Alas! Nigerians will still comment. Irrelevant posts gets a lot of likes and comments, but the ones that are enlightening will be skipped over. People have turned idiots on the basis of religion, may God help us. Most people do not comment on good religion posts or enlightening articles. The question is when you see religion (good) how many have you clicked to read?

No comments:

Post a Comment